We are looking for an experienced and motivated candidate for the role of Senior Bioinformatics Developer to join our team on client site in Basel.
D-ploy is an IT Services and Engineering Solutions company with operations in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, USA, Czech Republic and UK. Since 2003, D-ploy has been offering IT services, knowledge and expertise to our customers across the globe. Our strength is in providing proven standard and individually tailored solutions, helping our customers achieve their strategic and business goals. Our core competencies are consulting and IT services in the area of IT infrastructure, service management, system engineering, migrations and operations.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated candidate for the role of Senior Bioinformatics Developer to join our team on client site in Basel, Switzerland. We are looking for a highly motivated team player with a strong understanding of biology, as well as data management and analysis needs associated with target discovery and screening research. This person should have proven record of building effective tools for scientists in a research environment and be capable of leading a technical team to deliver solutions to support drug discovery biology research. Regular employees, as well as freelancers, are equally welcomed!
Length of the project: latest start date is 01.08.2017 until 31.07.2018
Utilization: full time
Locality: Basel area, Switzerland
• Gather user requirements and perform needs assessments to guide development and selection of software systems
• Support scientific research with software systems that capture experimental design, enable data analysis and interpretation and provide for regular communication on genomics projects
• Design and/or supervise development and testing of software systems to meet or exceed project objectives
• Lead, mentor, and inspire a high-performing team of developers by establishing high technical standards and demonstrating, by way of example, technical excellence in all stages of software development
• Use software version control system, automated build tools, ticket tracking software, architecture documentation, and release engineering processes
• Develop and optimize techniques and methods to improve software development processes including test driven development, agile methodology, and pair programming
• Work closely with cross-functional groups (engineers and researchers, management, business analysts, and internal customers), in a highly matrixed organization to build constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization
• At least three years of experience in the design and implementation of production software systems.
• A Ph.D. or Master's degree in biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics or other science discipline and/or computer science
• Strong knowledge of software design and implementation including for complex workflows and integrating very large datasets
• Working experience of Maven, Tomcat, Hibernate, JIRA, FishEye, Confluence, SVN, CID, AWS
• Strong ability to take initiative and wide latitude for independent judgment as well as to handle multiple assignments at one time while working independently and effectively under deadlines
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to focus on many tasks at once
• Fluency in English
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to express computer-related information in layman terms
• Demonstrate respect and dignity in decisions, communications, and actions
• Professional communication and interaction with all levels of the organization
• Documented software development lead skills and experience with software technical documentation
• Formal experience as a business analyst
• Web lab experience in a molecular biology lab
• In-depth experience with AWS (Amazon web services) based solutions
• Variety of task and activities, involvement in team and customer projects
• Unique opportunity to influence and enhance customer experience
• Further development and learning
• Friendly working environment of a middle-sized dynamic and agile organization
• Active using of foreign languages
• Competitive salary and various benefits