We are looking for keen and experienced candidates for this role to work primary on client site based in Guildford (UK) or in another location.
D-ploy is an IT Services and Engineering Solutions company with operations in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, USA, Czech Republic and UK. Since 2003, D-ploy has been offering IT services, knowledge and expertise to our customers across the globe. Our strength is in providing proven standard and individually tailored solutions, helping our customers achieve their strategic and business goals. Our core competencies are consulting and IT services in the area of IT infrastructure, service management, system engineering, migrations and operations.
We are looking for keen and experienced candidates for the role of System Administrator Team Lead to work primary on client site based in Guildford (UK) or in another location upon agreement. On this position, you are accountable for ensuring that all software deployments are robust and scalable. You will be in charge of developing infrastructure and team best practice globally and mentoring the organization on the best tools and technologies that ensure customers get the best experience. You will also be working with global stakeholders across Europe and North America to troubleshoot, install, upgrade and migrate customer environments.
• Manage environment readiness and infrastructure assessments for customers to ensure they are setup for success
• Develop and support knowledge transfer of TechOps skills across other departments
• Troubleshoot, install, upgrade and migrate customer environments as well as lead troubleshooting with technical issues (Clusters, Databases, Application Servers, Network, Firewalls and Load Balancers)
• Provide technical direction and be a lead role to ensure that the appropriate security, backup, failover, monitoring, alerting and disaster recovery mechanisms are in place
• Plan and execute customer migrations with global professional services
• Be responsible for management of installation, support and maintenance of all software & hardware infrastructure
• Work with the development, QA and support teams to resolve issues; take corrective and preventative actions.
• Participate in customer audits and ISO Certifications relating to systems and processes owned by your team.
• Identify the individual training needs and knowledge gaps of other team-members, and seek to redress these by mentoring or escalation
• Manage remote near shore resources
• Experience with load balancers and web servers as well as managing and configuring Nginx, Apache, HA proxy etc.
• Debugging network issues using common open source tools (tcpdump, wireshark etc)
• Configuration management (infrastructure as code) and version control
• Strong ability in UNIX shell scripting
• Effective usage of monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Zenoss) and other reporting tools
• Ability to set up and support MongoDB or other NoSQL Databases
• Fluency in English (spoken & written)
• Ability to script / program at expert level in at least one of the following languages – Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, Java, J2EE, SQL or similar language
• Security – web/IDS/VSS/certificates
• Remote Desktop/Citrix knowledge
• Broad range of activities, tasks and projects
• Further development and learning
• Friendly and flexible working environment
• Active using of foreign languages
• Competitive salary and various benefits together with attractive office location